ChessBase Magazine 184 - DVD
The ChessBase Magazine is the most comprehensive and most sophisticated chess magazine there is. World class players analyze their brilliancies and explain the ideas behind the moves to you, opening specialists present the latest trends in opening theory and offer exciting ideas for your repertoire. Master trainers in the fields of tactics, strategy, and the endgame show you the tricks and techniques a successful tournament player needs! DVD with several hours of video + booklet.
The editor’s top ten
1. The deciding moment in the candidates tournament: Fabiano Caruana annotates his final round victory over Grischuk.
2. “Fresh and unexpected”: Vladimir Kramnik explains how he crushed Aronian with Black after innovating with 7…Rg8.
3. A new plan against the Najdorf? Peter Heine Nielsen annotates Carlsen's successful experiment with 5.Qd2!? in Shamkir.
4. “Fantastic fighting game”: Karsten Müller analyses the endgame in the trail-blazing duel between Kramnik and Caruana (video)
5. Salvation after a series of draws: Ding Liren comments on his win over Mamedyarov in the candidates tournament.
6. Attack like a WCh challenger: Find the best continuation – “Move by Move“ with Simon Williams in the game Meier-Caruana!
7. “Domination on both flanks”: enjoy Daniel King’s video analysis of the game Caruana-Aronian and let him whip up some enthusiasm for the Ruy Lopez!
8. A popular weapon against the Najdorf: let Robert Ris introduce you to the secrets of the variation with 7.Nf3.
9. “Like Karpov in his prime”: Rustam Kasimdzhanov annotates Caruana's win over MVL at the Grenke Chess Classic.
10. Promising in the long term: GM Yannick Pelletier recommends 6…h6 in the Vienna Variation of the Queen's Gambit (video)
- Marca ChessBase
- Code SCBM184