The Slav (Sadler) - 2nd hand
Book condition: very good
The Slav Defence (1 d4 d5 2 c4 c6) has been one of Black`s most reliable defences to the queen`s pawn since its adoption by World Champions Alekhine and Euwe in the 1930s. Nowadays it is very popular both at grandmaster level (it is used regularly by Ivanchuk, Lautier and Short) and with club players.
In this book Grandmaster Matthew Sadler explains the strategy and tactics of this perennial favourite. Through the use of model games for both sides, the author provides a thorough grounding in the key ideas, so that readers can quickly and confidently start to use the Slav in
their own games. Also included is a survey of the trendy new 1 d4 d5 2 c4 c6 3 Nf3 Nf6 4 Nc3 a6 variation.
* Written by a leading expert on the Slav, 1995 British Champion and Olympiad gold medal winner GM Matthew Sadler
* Explains the basic elements, strategies and tactics for both sides
* Offers an accessible, digestible blend of explanatory and theoretical material
* Provides everything you need to know to start playing the opening straight away.
- Casa editrice Chess Press
- Codice 1095us
- Pagine p. 144
- Anno 1997
- Isbn 9781901259001