On this DVD grandmasters and experts such as Yannick Pelletier, Mihail Marin, Oliver Reeh and Karsten Müller show, using the games of Mihail Botvinnik, how to employ specific openings successfully, which model strategies are present in specific structures, also how to find tactical solutions and solid rules for how to bring endings to a successful conclusion.
Anyone who would like to win his or her games in a positional manner and where possible without tactical risks will find in the games of Mikhail Botvinnik valuable guidelines. Many of his games belonged in the days of the “Soviet School of Chess” to the basic education of young players in strategy and endgame play and even today are still of incalculable value as guides to the successful conduct of a game.
• Video running time: 7 hours 45 min. (English)
• Interactive tactics test with video feedback
• All Botvinnik's games, tables, back ground knowledge, short biography
• “Botvinnik Powerbook”: The opening repertoire of the 6th world champion as a variation tree
• Tactics training with 103 Botvinnik Games: 410 training questions, max. 883 points
• New ChessBase Reader 2017
- Casa editrice ChessBase
- Codice S6521
- Isbn 4027975008608