Tactic Toolbox Semi-Slav with 5.Bg5 - DVD
If you like an exciting battle you should play 5.Bg5 against the Semi-Slav. This natural developing move is the most principled and sharpest option against Black’s sound setup. With interactive exercises this DVD shows you typical tactical patterns in this line, and with these examples from classical and recent games by leading experts of this opening you learn how to play 5.Bg5 with success.
The material divides as follows:
1a) The Anti-Moscow Gambit with 6.Bh4 leads to doubled-edged play because Black will try to keep his extra pawn after 6…dxc4 7.e4 g5 8.Bg3 b5 etc.
1b) The Moscow Variation with 6.Bxf6 leads to an immediate imbalance but White’s attacking chances contain more venom than you might believe at first!
2) 5…dxc4 T he Botvinnik Variation with 5…dxc4 is Black’s sharpest option. It cannot get any crazier!
3) 5…Nbd7 T he Cambridge-Springs Variation with 5…Nbd7 is Black’s most solid option, but it still leads to a strategically and tactically complicated middlegame.
• Video running time: 5 h 41 min
• With interactive training including video feedback
• Exclusive database with with 50 essential Grandmaster games
• Including CB 12 Reader
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 or Windows 8, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.
- Casa editrice ChessBase
- Code S6435
- Isbn S6435