John Nunn’s Chess Course - 2nd hand
A complete chess education based on the games of World Champion Lasker
2nd-hand book like new
Grandmaster John Nunn provides a complete chess education, covering decision-making methods and psychological factors in addition to the most important strategic and tactical methods.
Following on from his successful books Understanding Chess Endgames and Understanding Chess Middlegames, John Nunn fleshes out the theory by showing how World Champion Emanuel Lasker handled a wide variety of practical situations. We see how Lasker’s play, which his opponents found so unfathomable, was based on logic, extreme pragmatism and a deep understanding of how chess-players think.
· Covers topics not usually considered, such as queenless middlegames and manoeuvring
· Dissects strategic issues including piece activity, pawn-structure and bishop vs knight
· Looks at psychological aspects of chess, such as choosing lines which are most uncomfortable for the opponent
· Discusses how to handle inferior positions
· Explanations focus on general ideas rather than detailed analysis
· Features more than 100 of the most instructive examples from Lasker’s career
· Concludes with a selection of exercises, with full commentary and explanation
Emanuel Lasker from Germany – chess player, mathematician and philosopher – held the world title for 27 years, longer than any other champion. His victories against many of the all-time greats were based on an ahead-of-his-time understanding and had a subtle but profound influence on modern chess thinking.
Dr John Nunn is one of the best-respected figures in world chess. He was among the world’s leading grandmasters for nearly twenty years, winning four gold medals in chess Olympiads. He is a much-acclaimed writer, whose works have won ‘Book of the Year’ awards in several countries. In 2004, 2007 and 2010, Nunn was crowned World Chess Solving Champion, ahead of many former champions.
- Casa editrice Gambit
- Code 6654us
- Anno 2014
- Pagine p. 320
- Isbn 9781906454821