Chess Assistant 17 with Houdini 5 is a unique tool for managing chess games and databases, playing chess through the Internet, analyzing games, or playing chess against the computer.
Chess Assistant 17 includes grandmaster level playing programs, Chess Opening Encyclopedia mode, a powerful search system, the unique Tree mode, databases of about 6.6 million games in total (Nov. 8, 2016) that can be automaticaly updated 3000 new games every week for free, 3-month access to all courses at Chess King Learn (How to activate Chess King Learn bonus subscription)and 1-year access to 7-piece Lomonosov Tablebases at tb7.chessok.com and more!
Houdini 5 has greatly improved since the previous version and is now stronger than ever, 200 ELO points over Houdini 4 and supporting up to 6 cores and 4 GB of hash!
Houdini 5 can perform any type of analysis: multi-pass game analysis, Interactive analysis, Background analysis.
You can easily connect Chess Assistant 17 to any other UCI playing programs like Stockfish 8 or Komodo. The programs can perform various analysis tasks for any needs:
Automatic opening annotation searches for novelty, adds expert annotations from the Opening Encyclopedia, CAP evaluations, inserts reference games etc.
Search for blunders reveals bad moves.
Multi-pass game analysis is an advanced analysis method to fine-tune each step of the search. You can even choose different engines for each phase of the game.
Analysis markers allow you to mark selected positions for automatic analysis at a later time.
Interactive analysis allows you guide the engine in its analysis and pick lines, remembering the results.
Chess Opening Encyclopedia includes rich theoretical material on all openings, more than 8000 annotations by GM Kalinin and 40 million evaluations by strongest engines key positions. Customizable key system.
When it comes to searching, you will not find a more powerful system. Chess Assistant 17 offers search by position, header, maneuvers, material, comments, novelty search, advanced search by material in 12 regions of the board and more!
What's new in Chess Assistant 17:
- Houdini 5 - the engine has improved greatly since the previous version and is now stronger than ever, 200 ELO points over Houdini 4, supporting up to 6 cores and 4 GB of hash!
- 3-month Chess King LEARN subscription, giving access to all courses available there (37 as of Nov.2016 and counting)! The courses are available in 9 European languages, sorted by category and difficulty level, and include such gems as Chess Tactics for Beginners 2.0, Chess: From Beginner to Club Player, Chess Strategy, Chess Middlegame series, several courses from CT-ART and Chess Tactics in the Opening series and more.
- Updated databases now contain 6.6 million games in total!
- Premium Game Service 2017 - auto database updates for 2016-2017
- 1-year access to Lomonosov Tablebases! The subscription will be active for 1 year starting the date of activation at the tablebases service.
Language versions: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian.
System Requirements: 256 RAM, 4 Gb, Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, DVD-ROM. Internet connection during installation and to access Lomonosov Tablebases.